NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism Guide
The NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism is a qualification designed to give learners a comprehensive understanding of autism, including the principles and concepts related to autism spectrum conditions. This course is suitable for anyone looking to acquire knowledge on autism, whether you work in healthcare, social care, education, or simply have a personal interest.
- To gain insight into the spectrum of autistic disorders and how they can affect people differently.
- To understand the legislation and guidance on autism.
- To learn about the strategies available for supporting individuals with autism.
Who Is It For?
This course is intended for:
- Individuals working with autistic people in healthcare or education settings.
- Family members or caregivers of persons with autism.
- Professionals who wish to enhance their understanding of autism.
Typically, this certificate consists of several units that may include:
- Introduction to Autism:
- Understanding what autism is
- Recognizing autistic behavior
- Using a Person-Centered Approach to Support Individuals with Autism:
- Exploring ways to understand individuals’ preferences and needs
- Developing appropriate support plans
- Communication and Social Interaction:
- Approaches to facilitate positive communication
- Techniques for social interaction support
- Sensory Processing, Perception, and Cognition:
- How sensory processing issues affect individuals with autism
- Strategies for supporting sensory needs
- Supporting Positive Behavior:
- Identifying reasons behind specific behaviors
- Behavior management strategies
- Supporting Individuals with Autism to Live Healthy and Fulfilled Lives:
- Encouraging independence
- Promoting mental and physical well-being
No specific prior qualifications are needed, but an interest in health or social care might be beneficial.
The method depends on the provider but usually involves written assignments or tasks linked to workplaces if applicable.
This varies but typically ranges from a few weeks up to one academic year part-time.
Successful completion may lead to opportunities such as further education on the topic (Level 3 courses), roles as an assistant practitioner in health or social care settings, or enhanced positions within your current employment area dealing directly with individuals who have an autism spectrum disorder.
Remember that details such as course duration, exact content, assessment method, and progression opportunities could differ depending on where you choose to study this qualification. Always verify specifics with your chosen educational provider before enrolling.